9/19/22: The meeting was called to order at 7:34 pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 14 members in attendance. Introductions were made and the Pledge of Allegiance was given by all.
Silent Key: none
Members in Distress: KG8FM struggling with a kidney stone
Reading of August minutes by KB8ELG, which are approved.
Treasurer's Report: read and approved by KE8QJU and WB8ZOI
Bills to Present: none
OSPOTA/ VHF contest 9/10/22. 46 parks, 121 QSO, 6157 points. These are the most stations ever activated by our club. Received kind QSL card from WB8VBR.
Masonic Lodges on the Air: 9/24/22. Meet at Delta 109 at 08:00 for breakfast. This contest was initiated by members of FCARC. Masonic Lodges on the Air received a nice write up by ARRL.
Secretary Communications: none
VE/Education Committee: August testing: KE8VKC attained Extra status. Massive congratulations to Kurt! KB8ZKE’s schedule may be changing thus making lead VE schedule difficult. Will continue to discuss and plan.
Emergency Services: Emergency Services Net is now being held on the third Sunday of the month at 8:00 PM 147.195. Emergency Services Practice deployment exercise? This Fall? Will continue to discuss.
Winter Hamfest: Archbold Ruihley Park Pavillion. Vendors to arrive at 0730? Will continue to discuss
KB8JBS has purchased a home and is requesting assistance to transport KA8KDS tower to his new home. KB8ELG suggested to KB8JBS to install a base first then plan to transport the tower. Will continue to support.
- Amplifier is repaired. It caught fire inside. Henry Amplifier Company has difficulty getting components, thus we were unable to purchase a new amplifier.
- Should we offer an introductory CW class? Contact KB8ELG with interest.
- Class to build 12V power supply? A few Saturdays. Planning to present this Fall.
- Every Sunday at 7:30: Ohio Digital Net TG 302050
- Sun at 8pm on 2nd and 4th Sunday is the Preparedness Net – 147.195+
- Sun at 8pm on 1st Sunday is the DMR Net on Brandmeister 3171544 (K8BXQ)
- Sun at 8pm on the 3rd Sunday is the Emergency Services Net—147.195+
- Monday at 8:30pm: Ohio DMR Net on Brandmeister TG 3139
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm Wednesday Night Net
- Thu at 8pm 6M Net -- 1st Thursday 50.400 AM, 3rd Thursday 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: https://k8bxq.org/2
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-2069395960639…
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9 am the last Saturday of each month at the Masonic Lodge (Fulton No. 248) in Delta, contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his email address on the k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be 10/17/22 at Fulton County Administration Building in the Conference Room on the second floor.
A motion to adjourn was made by W8BZOI and seconded by KE8QJV, all were in favor. KB8ELG closed the meeting at 8:26pm