As promised, here are the club meeting notes for July 15, 2019.
The meeting was called to order by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) at 7:30pm with 12 members and 1 guest in attendance, the pledge was given by all.
Members in Distress:
Since their return, Bev Walworth (KC8UJC) has been struggling with some health issues. While she is recovering, please keep both George (N8EUY) and Bev in your thoughts.
The treasures report was given and a motion to accept was made by Bill Lampe (KD8WSL) and seconded by Ed Roth (WD8KRS).
We still have structural repairs to make to the primary building before the end of the year. We will wait until autumn at this point to get past the heat of summer. Plans are to replace the trim boards and apply a fresh coat of paint. Bryan (KB8ELG) will make a wellness check on the building to see how the new air conditioning system is working.
Field Day Committee:
Craig Szczublewski (KD8KBU) gave a breakdown of the field day results previously published on the website and email (http://k8bxq.org/fieldday). We had very favorable reports on the contest this year. All who participated had en enjoyable time.
1. The Swanton Fireworks Service Event on June 28 was a busy event for the 5 radio club members who could attend. Reports are that we could have used 8 participants to manage the parking and traffic, but the made due with who was able to be there. The event coordinators and public service officials thanks the club for the help.
2. The Delta Chicken Festival on July 12-14 had the club busy as well. We participated in three different service events: Friday night Fireworks crowd safety, Saturday Morning 5k Run course monitoring, and Sunday afternoon Parade traffic control. We had pretty good coverage for most of the events, but could have used a couple of additional folks for the Chicken Festival. We'll try to do better at getting the call for help out earlier next year.
3. We still owe a list of materials to the County EMA for their VHF station. KB8ELG and KD8KBU will make a focused effort to get this done.
4. We still need to schedule a installation of the antenna system at the Fulton County Health Center. Saturdays work best for most of the club members. We are waiting for a list of available days from the FCHC maintenance department.
5. The mast trailer needs to have a license plate. KB8ELG will reach out to the Ohio BMV to see what is required for insurance (if any) and plate fees.
6. Bryan (KB8ELG) has put in a reservation for a meeting room at the Robert Fulton building across from the fair grounds for our meeting location. Further updates as events warrant.
July 20: Fulton County Museum Amateur Radio Day. This Saturday is the opening of an exhibit featuring Amatuer Radio and the roll it played during WWII. The club will plan on setting up at the Museum to provide the public an opportunity to see some vintage gear, as well as new equipment, and maybe even try transmitting. We plan on setting up at 8:00am. Bryan (KB8ELG) will reach out the EMA and event coordinator on where we can setup our gear and antenna systems. It is forecast to be a very hot day on Saturday, so please take that into account when coming out. We would like to have enough club members throughout the day to rotate people in and out.
August 24: Ohio QSO Party and Courthouses on the Air. We have permission from the County Commissioners to setup near the courthouse in Wauseon to participate in this event. We will have further planning closer to the event regarding rigs and antenna systems.
September 7: OSPOTA. We will be at Harrison Lake State Park again. We will still plan on having the cookout, but may setup an operator schedule for the radio. The best performing band for the day is usually 40m, so having a series of different antenna systems with a single rig and multiple operators throughout the event might be more productive. Further details as we get closer.
July 21: Van Wert
August 10: Angola
September 8: Findlay
September 15: Adrian
Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, August 19 at 7:30pm at the Delta Church of Christ (subject to change).
A motion was made by Bill (KD8WSL) to adjourn the meeting, and seconded by Ron (KB8CBY) at 8:30pm.