The meeting was called to order at 7:31PM by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with
10 members in attendance.
Silent Key: No Reports
Members in Distress:
- Jim McBride (K8JPD) had knee surgery in January, current reports is that he is at home and continuing to recover nicely.
- Dave Nelson (KA8KDS) had a heart related incident on January 25 requiring a pacemaker. He was at tonight's meeting and reports feeling well.
Minutes from the previous meeting were electronically distributed last month with no corrections.
The Finance Report was read with motion to approve by Bob Rosebrock (WB8ZOI) and seconded by Ron Kuney (KB8CBY). All present approved.
Bills to Present: Nothing to present.
We are currently in the midst of our membership renewal drive. The current count stands at 28 paid and lifetime members.
KD8KBU will be presenting a digital mode workshop on March 2 at the Fulton Masonic Lodge in Delta from noon until 3pm. The focus will be on getting started in popular HF operating modes like RTTY, PSK, and FT8. A detailed email will follow.
The power supply on the primary site has suffered damage. KB8ELG is confident it can be repaired, but we need to address the overall issue which is power draw from the repeater and amplifier. Having done research into available options which he presented to the club, the members decided to entrust him with acquiring a commercial grade Samlex 100 amp switching supply. We should have the power supply this week. We will perform a full check of the backup repeater and amplifier to make sure nothing took any incidental damage. We plan to be on the backup repeater until this weekend.
It was reported the the 147.285 (K8LI) repeater was also offline. No report from Lindsay on the current condition.
- KB8ELG reported that the FCHC has completed pulling the COAX for the VHF system. They still need PL connectors attached and the antenna mounted. KB8ELG will follow up with the POC for that project to wrap it up.
- Terry Habegger sent us a request to reach out to Swanton Health Care, who is also deploying a VHS radio station. They also need assistance finishing the PL connectors for their coax. KB8ELG will be reaching out to Stacey Meyers to coordinate a site visit.
- W8TUX reports that the third Wednesday in March will be targeted for the Emergency Services net practice deployment in place of the normal net. Details to follow.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- KB8ELG received a call for help from KD5GUU, Joen Green who resides in Swanton, asked for assistance in troubleshooting an HF rig power issue. KB8ELG will make a house call to assess the situation.
Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others
52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, March 18 at 7:30pm at the Delta Church of Christ.
A motion to close was made by Dave Nelson and seconded by John Meyer at 8:40pm.
Craig Szczublewski - KD8KBU