The meeting was called to order at 7:33PM by Craig Szczublewski (KD8KBU) with 8 members in attendance.
Silent Key/Members in Distress: No Report
Minutes from the previous meeting were electronically distributed last month with no corrections.
The Finance Report was read with a motion to approve by Larry Fountain seconded by Dave Claar. All present approved.
There were no bills to present
- 39 paid members.
- KD8KBU pointed out we have not taken in a lot of new club members this year. He will produce some printouts of the club promotional page to hand out to VE testing participants to make them aware of the club and our activities.
- No report, but a renewed effort after the first of the year to organize a class will be made.
- KD8KBU offered to put on a digital mode workshop sometime in February with time and location to be determined.
- KB8ELG purchased a combination heating and air conditioning unit for $365. With the weather turning to winter quickly, we might not get it installed this year, but Dave Claar pointed out we should plan a maintenance day to unbox it and verify it works while under warranty. We can plan an install date in the spring.
- No further news on the amateur station installation at the FCHC. We are waiting for their maintenance department to pull the coax.
- Dave Claar gave a summary of the Emergency Services Net practice deployment. There is room for improvement and criticism was constructive. Dave would like to plan another event sometime in March, including using alternate area repeaters and practice message passing.
- Dave Nelson made a declaration of thanks to the club members for the assistance in helping with the tower raising. There is still some work to do like running the COAX indoors and hooking up the rotor. Dave is also looking for a few dipole antennas, please contact him for details.
New Business (Winter Hamfest):
The Winter Hamfest is just around the corner, December 1. Here is what we have assigned out so far:
- Bryan will check about access to Memorial Hall next Friday for table setup (same layout as last year).
- Craig and Bryan will coordinate with Larry to pick up 8 tables from the campground on November 30.
- Dave Claar will follow up with Tom Servos about VE testing times and location. Craig will open the Fulton Lodge across the street if the Library meeting room is unavailable
- Angela will print door tickets
- Craig is checking with Jason on 50/50 ticket sales
- Craig will order several dozen donuts for that Saturday morning
- Dave Claar will take care of coffee and other beverages for the event
- Some signage for around Memorial Hall indicating the Swap is at the location will be handled by Bryan
- Craig will take care of door sales and door prizes
- Bryan should have the banner and ticket barrel from the last swap in summer.
We still need someone to help with donuts and coffee sales, and it would be helpful to have a few people in rotation for ticket sales as well, please let me know if you can help with either.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- The Christmas dinner will be held at the Barn Restaurant in Archbold again this year at 6:30pm, replacing the December 18th meeting. A group reservation has been made, we hope to see you then.
- Alan Nash may be having hip surgery soon, but will know more mid-December.
- 12/01/2018 FCARC
- 01/27/2019 Hazel Park
- 02/17/2019 Livonia
- 02/17/2019 Mansfield
- 02/03/2019 Elyria
- 02/16/2019 Kalamazoo
- 02/17/2019 TMRA / Toledo
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
A motion to close was made by Bob Rosebrock and seconded by Dave Nelson at 8:04pm.