The meeting was called to order at 7:39PM by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 11 members in attendance.
Silent Key: WA8OOM Ken Biddle / Feb 16, 2018
The Finance Report was read and a motion to approve was made by KC8PCU and seconded by KD8WSL. All present approved.
Future Meeting Location Options:
Due to a remodel at the Wauseon Courthouse, our meeting location will need to change for 2018. Some options include:
- Wauseon Masonic Lodge
- Police Auxilary Room
- Multi-Purpose Room at the Wauseon Library
- Hospital Meeting Room
Good of Amateur Radio:
- Fulton County Health Center has a FEMA mandate to equip an amateur radio station for backup communications. They have reached out to KB8ELG to discuss options for equipment and getting several hospital staff members licensed.
- The "breakfast club" took an outing to the Dayton Air Force Museum on 3/11.
- Storm Spotter training: 3/20/18 6:30pm Bowling Green State University, 4/5/18 6:30pm St. Luke's
- Contest This Weekend: 3/24-3/25 2018 CQ World-Wide WPX Contest (http://www.contestcalendar.com)
- The club is considering a large tent for events like field day, hamfest, etc. Several members will research options and costs.
- The Summer hamfest is registered for at the ARRL site. The club page also has the latest information: http://k8bxq.org/hamfest
- Winter hamfest will be back at Delta Memorial Hall, although if we outgrow it, we may have an option at the KC Lanes location in Swanton which now has a large event room.
- Considering a directed email to HAMs in Fulton County who are not actively getting information from the club. KD8KBU will research.
04/29/2018 GMARC Swap / Madison Heights
05/18/2018 Dayton Hamvention (3 days)
06/02/2018 FCARC Summer Fest
As always, check with the hosting club before assuming the dates are correct. Further details can be found at the ARRL Website:
Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The meeting was closed at 8:36pm with a motion from K8JPD and seconded by KC8UQU.