The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 13 members in attendance, introductions were made and the pledge of allegiance was given by all.
Silent Key: It was reported that John Dvorack, KD8BIN, passed away on October 17th.
Members in Distress: Dave Nelson, KA8KDS, is still on the road to recovery. If you hear him on the repeater it would boost his spirits to have some conversation with the local hams.
Corrections to Minutes from Previous Meeting: none
Treasurer's Report: KB8ELH provided a report. No change in balance from the previous month. A motion to accept the report was made by KE8BHW and seconded by KE8ITJ, all were in favor.
Bills to Present: none
Secretary Communications: none
VE/Education Committee: KD8ZKE reported a special testing session will be held on Friday, November 19, 9:00 am at the Fulton Lodge in Delta to accommodate a candidates work schedule. He also reported that there will be a regularly scheduled session on November 27th at the Wauseon County Admin Building at 9:00am.
Repeater Committee: An annual PM is being planned on primary site, including: checking heat, check for water damage, etc.. The plan is this weekend either the 20th or 21st depending on KB8ELG’s schedule. We’ll notify view email of the planned date as the weekend gets closer.
Emergency Services: KE8ITJ indicated nothing new to report from the County EMA LEPC meetings. The next meeting fpr the EMA will be in January 2022.
Field Day Committee: No Report
Hamfest Committee: The Winter Hamfest is set for December 4. KB8ELG will be arranging a meeting with the facility managers to review table placement, setup time, covid related policies and restrictions, etc. He also indicated he wants to have a pre- hamfest meeting at the Delta 109 restaurant on Friday, December 3rd at 7:00pm to finalize details. With several donated pieces of equipment, we feel we have door prizes accounted for. A suggestion was made to draw tickets once an hour to cover the club member renewal fees as well. We have all relevant club related items, including the ticket barrel, 50/50 tickets, and club radio for talk in.
- KB2AVN will handle the attendance ticket printing
- KD8KBU will handle the cash bank for admission change
- Coffee Depot will be there from 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- KD8ZKE will be handling VE testing
- KD8KBU will print a QR code for membership renewal and help KB8ELG with some marketing material for the club table
- KE8SZL will provide a PA system
- KB8ELG suggested we may need signage directing traffic
The Summer Hamfest has been registered with the ARRL for June of 2022.
Membership Count: 45 paid, 12 lifetime: 57 total
Special Events: As a reminder, the December 20 meeting is replaced by the traditional club Christmas dinner. It will be at the Delta 109 restaurant at 6:00pm on that date.
- Regarding FCHC equipment testing, KB8ELG will arrange time during the repeater maintenance day to stop by the FCHC to test the VHF rig and antenna.
- KB8ELG has reflashed a donated county radio with the amateur repeater settings to give back to the County EMA so they will have a radio capable of monitoring and transmitting to the 147.195 repeater..
- Club shirts: KE8ITJ has sourced a vendor for t-shirts. Costs are around $10/shirt single imprint, maybe a few dollars more for multi-imprint. There is a price break is 36. A motion was made by KE8BHW and seconded by KE8QFJ),to purchase 36 shirts of varying sizes, adjusting the number of logo imprints and adding a pocket while not exceeding $15/shirt. The sale cost will be $15 for members, $20 for non-members. We are going to request sizes for any club member that wants a shirt. They should be able to pick them up at the Hamfest. The plan is staying with the red base shirt color as we have in the past.
- The future of pneumatic mast trailer is an intent to sell it to an individual or club. We have a few leads but are still looking for a buyer.
- Regarding integration of DMR into any K8BXQ repeater system, no new developments to report at this time.
- KE8OKA reported that the Amazon Smiles program did not mesh with our club and may not be with the effort at this time.
- KD8KBU reported only receiving a handful of responses for MLOTA (6 to date)
- Officer Elections in January. The new treasurer and secretary are encouraged to connect with KB8ELH between now and January to schedule time to get signed to the bank account.
- KB8ELG reminded everyone that we have embraced an online payment system, ChedderUp, for handling dues payments for those who want the convenience. Of course, traditional dues payments via check or cash are still welcomed.
- With the election of officers in January, KB8ELG stated that should he be elected as president, he would appoint a ByLaws committee to review our club ByLas and Constitution for any changes to adapt to the current time.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- Next regular meeting January 17, 2022 (Election of Officers)
- December 4: FCARC, Archbold, OH
- January 23 Hazel Park, Royal Oak, MI
- March 13, Elyria, OH
- March 20, TMRA
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Thu at 8pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
- Sun at 8pm on 2nd and 4th Sunday is the Preparedness Net – 147.195+
- Sun at 8pm on 1st and 3rd Sunday is the DMR Net on Brandmeister 3171544 (K8BXQ)
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: https://k8bxq.org/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-2069395960639…
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9 am the last Saturday of each month at the Masonic Lodge (Fulton No. 248) in Delta, contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his email address on the k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, January 17 at 7:30 pm, location TBA.
A motion to adjourn was made by KC8HDG and seconded by KE8ITJ, all were in favor. KB8ELG closed the meeting at 8:28pm