4/18/22: The meeting was called to order at 7:32 pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 15 members in attendance, introductions were made and the pledge of allegiance was given by all.
Silent Key: David Nelson KA8KDS. 1/4/38- 4/3/22. He was a great man and Elmer. He will be missed. KD8BIN's XYL Doris Dvorak is in need of help dismantling amateur radio equipment. Please contact KB8ELG if you would like to help.
Members in Distress: NC8NC recent surgery.
TMRA is sponsoring a bus trip to Dayton Hamvention 5/21/22 Leaving Toledo at 0530, Return to Toledo around 2100. Costs $40 This does not cover cost of Hamvention admission. Contact KB8WCB for more information email@example.com. Bus holds 56 people with plenty of storage. No pay for parking. Can leave purchased items on the bus while shopping.
Treasurer's Report: needing to update bank acct. Details to follow
Bills to Present: none
Secretary Communications: Fox Hunt: scheduled 5/14/22. John KD8ZKE is the Fox. Next FCARC meeting will trial being broadcasted on Zoom? KD8ZKE will a panoramic view camera. Reaching out: KBGELG—Four County/NWS Electronics Class. KE8ITJ: Boy Scouts. KE8OKA: WMTR 96.1 Wauseon Radio Station livestream? Martin Taylor DJ is also HAM
VE/Education Committee: no discussion
Emergency Services: no discussion
Field Day: Preliminary set up 6/24. June 25 and 26. Woodlot confirmed. Generator is functional? Drone mounted handheld repeater--HT in repeater mode. Demonstration on Field Day. Zoom? Webex? GoPro. Interview Club Members. Podcasts? Why did you get into amateur radio? Practical demonstrations for new Hams. Solder/build an antenna/build a j pole
The Summer Hamfest: June 4. Woodlot. Door prizes—set a limit on cost? Usually roughly $100 cap. DX Engineering usually donates something ~$100. Give test book and test cost for door prize? Emergency Preparedness supplies very popular—draw people? Renology quality solar panels and charge controllers. Raffle for high price supplies? 400w wind turbine on Amazon for ~$200? DMR handheld for Raffle? Baofeng DMR? Anytone 878? Silent Auction by donated supplies very lucrative. Keeps people at the show longer. 100W and a wire blog. Continue to talk next meeting to make decisions.
Winter Hamfest: Archbold Ruihley Park Pavillion. Paid in full
- Fox Hunt: scheduled 5/14/22. John KD8ZKE is the Fox. Meet at the Fulton County Administration at 1200. Publicly accessible location. Must be in a visible location. Cannot be at someone’s home. Can be in a parking lot, school, hospital, church.
- Club shirts: were passed out to members who ordered
- Club members are actively looking at pneumatic mast trailer
- Should FCARC meetings be broadcasted on Zoom? Webex? GoPro? ZKE has a panoramic view camera
- Should we offer an introductory CW class? Contact KB8ELG with interest.
- Class to build 12V power supply? A few Saturdays. Planning to present this Fall.
Growth of FCARC: 50% have been members >5 years and <5 years. People interested because of Preparedness? Reach out to Four County/Northwest State/Scouting to spark more interest? KE8ITJ church in Wauseon will be having Amateur Radio Technician classes on Saturdays. More details to come. Reaching out: KBGELG—Four County Electronics Class. KE8ITJ: Boy Scouts. Northwest State:?. WMTR 96.1Archbold Radio Station livestream? Martin Taylor DJ is also HAM: KE8OKA will contact. Local TV station cover? Testing at Field Day. FCARC Swag Stickers?
Hamfests: TMRA 5/1/22 Toledo Speedway. ARES
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Thu at 8pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
- Sun at 8pm on 2nd and 4th Sunday is the Preparedness Net – 147.195+
- Sun at 8pm on 1st and 3rd Sunday is the DMR Net on Brandmeister 3171544 (K8BXQ)
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: https://k8bxq.org/2
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-2069395960639…
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9 am the last Saturday of each month at the Masonic Lodge (Fulton No. 248) in Delta, contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his email address on the k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be May 16, 2022
at Fulton County Administration Building in the Conference Room on the second floor.
A motion to adjourn was made by WB8ZOI and seconded by KE8ITJ, all were in favor. KB8ELG closed the meeting at 8:44pm