The meeting was called to order at 7:30pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 16 members and guests in attendance, the pledge of allegiance was given by all.
Members in Distress: no report
Treasurers Report: KB8ELH gave the report (balances not published online). A motion was made by KG8FM to accept the report and seconded by KE8OKA. All were in favor.
Bills to Present:
- KD8KBU presented a bill for the door prizes for the Summer Hamfest of $153.31. A motion was made by WB8ZOI to pay the billl, seconded by W8TUX. All were in favor
- WD8KRS presented the bill for the Port-a-john for $202.50 (2 months). A motion made by KE8ITJ, and seconded by KE8KDS to pay the invoice. All were in favor.
- KB8ELG presented a bill for supplies for the Summer Hamfest for $91, along with a bill for the rental of the Ruihley Park Shelter for the Winter Hamfest for $200 ($50 deposit is reimbursable). A motion was made by WD8KRS and seconded by KG8FM to pay the bill. All were in favor.
- KD8ZKE indicated there is an individual looking or testing next weekend. Given the forecast for Saturday, he made the decision to hold testing at the Masonic Lodge in Delta at 9:00am. VEs are requested, please contact KD8ZKE if you can assist.
- We had 150 attendees at the event, one of the largest summer swaps we’ve had.
- Income: 50/50 $111.50, Door sales and donations $757
- Expenses: $446.81 (outlined in bills to present)
- It was commented that we need a PA system for announcing door prizes, VE testing, etc. Several members indicated they have the equipment we could use on the day of the event.
- The discussion was brought up by KE8ITJ on how to get a better DMR footprint in the Fulton County area. Possibilities are putting a DMR enabled radio at the main repeater site to retransmit on analog for better coverage.
- A suggestion was made to research putting a DMR repeater at the backup site.
- Swanton Fireworks – July 3
- Swanton Police have requested assistance with parking and traffic
- Please contact KB8ELG if you can assist
- Chicken Fest – July 10 has two-morning events
- 7:30am 5k run (onsite at 7:00 am for deployment instructions at the sheriff’s tent at the festival)
- 10:30am parade
- We will be on 146.460 simplex
- Please contact KB8ELG if you can assist
- Field Day
- Rain is in the forecast, but we will still run at the event.
- Antenna Setup Friday night to make the best use of time.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- KB8ELG brought to the club’s attention that the pneumatic mast trailer needs to be refurbished or replaced. The question was asked if the club wants to work on rebuilding the trailer for that purpose, or invest in something new for the crank up tower from K8JPD, and sell the pneumatic mast.
- Two FT-101 transceivers were donated to the club. A motion was made by KE8ITJ to use them as a special raffle item at the winter and summer hamfests. This was seconded by KA8KDS. All were in favor.
- We have a computer desk with a hutch from Sauder donated to the club which WD8KRS has stored in his barn. This was the desk used at the Archbold Police station when the club had a station there. Please inquire directly to WD8KRS if interested in giving it a new home.
- KD8KBU and KB8ELG discussed the new HF contest they are working on for Masonic Lodges on the Air in September at http://cqmorelight.com/.
- KB8ELG fielded the possibility of holding a CW code speed improvement course. Further updates on this in the future.
• 7/10/21 Auburn IN
• 7/10/21 Mansfield OH
• 7/17/21 NOARS (Elyria OH)
• 7/18/21 Van Wert OH
• 9/12/21 Findlay OH
• 9/19/21 Adrian MI
• Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
• Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
• Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
• On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
• On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
• E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9 am the last Saturday of each month at the Masonic Lodge (Fulton No. 248) in Delta, contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his email address on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, July 19 at 7:30 pm at the County Administration Building.
A motion was made to close at 8:58 pm by KG8FM and seconded by KD8PUD.