The meeting was called to order at 7:40pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 15 members and guests in attendance, introductions were made and the pledge of allegiance was given by all.
Members in Distress: no report
Treasurers Report: KB8ELH gave the report (balances not published online). A motion was made by KG8FM to accept the report and seconded by W8TUX. All were in favor.
Bills to Present: Nothing to report
KD8ZKE indicated two candidates for testing have committed to July 31. VEs are asked to be at the Fulton Masonic Lodge in Delta at the usual time.
The December Hamfest is set for December 4th at Ruihley Park Pavilion in Archbold, OH.
The continued discussion was had on getting an internet connection at the main repeater shack for the purpose if IRLP and EchoLink, as well as DMR.
- Delta Chicken Fest Parade went exceptionally well and we received a note of thanks from the Delta Police Department.
- While we did not have enough time to coordinate to assist the Swanton Fire Dept with the Fireworks this year, were asked in advance for assistance in 2022.
- Field Day was an overwhelming success, we had a number of club members come out and try their hand at HF contesting. The weather cooperated with us the whole time. We had a visit from our ARRL Section coordinator and our County 911 coordinator, as well as the Mayor of Belmore, OH. Our ARRL section manager remarked at how organized we were and how we took time to make guests feel welcomed.
- The next radio event will be OSPOTA on September 11. The club will be back at the Marzolf Shelter House at Harrison Lake State Park. The event runs from 10:00am to 6:00pm. We plan to hold our end of summer cookout this year as well.
- Coupled with the OSPOTA event will be a presentation on emergency preparedness coordinated by KE8ITJ, further details to follow.
- September 25 will be the CQ More Light “Masonic Lodges on the Air” event being coordinated by several club members. We plan on activating the Masonic Lodge in Delta OH under the club call sign, but other club members, especially masons who belong to other lodges, should try to activate their community, Masonic Lodge. More info at http://cqmorelight.com/
- W8TUX is planning an ES deployment event in conjunction with Lucas County sometime in September or October. Dave is looking for suggestions on deployment ideas.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- A suggestion was made by KE8OKA to consider a possible use of the Delta 109 back dining room for club meetings with dinner as an option. KB8ELG will check with the owner to see if is practical. And we may have our August meeting along with dinner.
- A suggestion was made to investigate using the County Admin Building for VE testing. KB8ELG will make an inquiry as to the availability of the facility on the last Saturday of the month.
- KB8ELG has indicated the move of the 6 meter net to Saturday evenings to accommodate his work schedule has not been as successful as he had hoped. He has indicated that he would like to move the 6 meter net to Thursday nights at 8pm with the same revolving schedule of FM, AM, USB, etc. That new schedule starts this Thursday.
- Richie Kilgore of Fulton County 911 has requested a list of amateur operators who could be called on in an emergency. If you want to be on this list, please contact W8TUX to be included.
- We had a call for cleaning up the club logo and working on getting setup to order new club branded shirts for whoever might want one. KC8HDG indicated he may have the ability to accommodate this if we could coordinate ordering a couple of times a year. More information to follow.
- KB8ELG brought to the club’s attention that the pneumatic mast trailer needs to be refurbished or replaced. The question was asked if the club wants to work on rebuilding the trailer for that purpose, or invest in something new for the crank up tower from K8JPD, and sell the pneumatic mast. The decision was made to sell the pneumatic mast and invest in a crank up tower trailer. KB8ELG will put the word out to other clubs that this mast system is available for purchase.
- 9/12/21 Findlay OH
- 9/19/21 Adrian MI
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Thu at 8pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
- Sun at 8pm on 2nd and 4th Sunday is the Preparedness Net – 147.195+
- Sun at 8pm on 1st and 3rd Sunday is the DMR Net on Brandmeister 3171544 (K8BXQ)
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-2069395960639…
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9 am the last Saturday of each month at the Masonic Lodge (Fulton No. 248) in Delta, contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his email address on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, August 16 at 7:30 pm at the County Administration Building (tentative).
A motion was made to close at 8:50 pm by KG8FM and seconded by KA8KDS.