Members Present: (20) kb8elg, kb8elh, kd8kbu, w8tux, wd8krs, kc8hdg, ke8oka, kd8zke, kd8wsl, kg8fm, ke8itj, ke8own, wa8vec, wb8zoi, ke8bhw, kd8pud, nc8nc, ke8ong, ka8kds (and Marilyn)
The meeting was called to order at 7:31 pm by KB8ELG, who welcomed everyone. Committee reports follow
Members in Distress: K8JPD's health is in decline. KB8ELG has requested everyone to keep him in their thoughts.
Treasures Report: KB8ELH presented the financial report. A motion was made by to W8TUX accept, seconded by KG8FM. All accepted.
Bill to present: WD8KRS presented a bill for $134.06 for field day/expenses. A motion to accept was made by WB8ZOI and seconded by KE8BHW. All were in favor.
Repeater Committee: Reports on some de-sense during random times of the day.
Winter Hamfest: December 5, 2020 @ the Village of Delta Memorial Hall.
Field Day: Results have been posted on the club website.
Emergency Services: W8TUX has postponed plans for an emergency services deployment exercise until his work schedule is less hectic.
OSPOTA: The State Parks on the Air is September 12. We are unsure if the cookout will accompany it or if we go the pizza route like Field Day. KD8KBU will work on securing the Marzolf Shelter House at Harrison Lake State Park.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- KG8FM would like to start a program of Elmers in the group based on skill sets they feel comfortable mentoring others on. Contact information would be made available by category on the club website.
- KG8FM also suggested simulcasting the meeting via Zoom or Youtube Live for club members who cant make the meetings. The county admin building does have Guest Wifi we may be able to use.
- KB8ELG wants to hold a VHF Fox Hunt sometime this summer, probably August. He gave an explanation for those new to the hobby how the hunt works.
- KE8ITJ suggested reactivating the Facebook Group for internal discussion and web sales of equipment.
- KD8PUD would like a certificate of one year membership for passing techs from VE testing session. A motion was made by KD8PUD and seconded by WD8KRS, all were in favor.
- A question was asked about the hospital VHF nets which are postponed during the pandemic.
- A motion was made to close the meeting at 8:10pm by KG8FM and seconded by KD8ONG, all were in favor.
- Following the regular meeting, KD8KBU gave a brief presentation on the NanoVNA featured in recent QST and QEX magazine articles. The following web references were provided:
- On the Web:
- QST: May 2020 (page 39) "NanoVCA Vector Network Analyzer"
- QEX: Jan/Feb 2020 (page 3) "An Ultra Low Cost Vector Network Analyzer"
- NanoVNASaver (windows/mac/linux)
- On the Web:
- 8/8/2020: Angola,IN
- 9/13/2020: Findlay, OH
- 9/20/2020: Adrian, MI
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: All testing sessions have resumed. The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfasts at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, August 17, 2020 at 7:30pm at the County Admin Building.