April 20, 2020
Club Meeting On the Air (147.195) roll: kb8elg, kd8kbu, kb8elh, kg4nxm, w8tux, kd8qhd, wb8zoi, k8cby, ke8itj, nc4oh, ke8bhw, kd8pud, kd8zke, kd8zkw, w8bkb, kb8vtn
The meeting was called to order at 7:30pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 16 members and guests in attendance on the 147.195 repeater.
Members in Distress: nothing to report.
Treasurers Report: no report given on air.
Hamfest Committee: The next FCARC sponsored Hamfest will be the summer trunk swap on June 6, 2020, followed by the Winter Hamfest on December 5, 2020.
Repeater Committee: We need to schedule a HVAC check in April.
Additional repeater shed maintenance needs to be performed after spring rain has subsided.
There was brief discussion that depending on opening phases for the state of Ohio due to the current pandemic, the summer Swap for June may need to be rescheduled or cancelled outright. We’ll keep the club members and guests informed.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- Bryan (KB8ELG) encouraged all of us to take advantage of this time to get on the air. He noted many band openings on VHF to listen for.
- KB8ELG reminded everyone of our Saturday morning Coffee on the Air on 147.195+ at 9:00am in lieu of our breakfast meeting.
- W8TUX suggested a club cookout once we are clear of the social distancing requirements.
- WB8ZOI was able to get a new ground rod installed today.
- KD8KBU reminded everyone to check online for radio contests at https://www.contestcalendar.com/weeklycont.php
- KE8ITJ inquired about adding DMR to our current repeater system. We informed him we have a Yaesu System Fusion repeater on UHF that has never been fully implemented, but also not quite DMR compatible.
- KD8PUD informed us we have 13 people waiting for testing to become active again.
- 5/14/2020: Dayton Hamvention - CANCELLED
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: All testing sessions are postponed/cancelled for the time being. The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
POSTPONED: Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, April 20, 2020 at 7:30pm on the K8BXQ Repeater.
The Net was closed at 8:44pm by KD8ELG.