The meeting was called to order at 7:30PM by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 15 members and guests in attendance.
Silent Key/Members in Distress: No Report
The Finance Report was read with a motion to approve by Ed Roth seconded by Bill Lampe. All present approved.
Minutes from the previous meeting were electronically distributed last month with no corrections.
Bills to Present:
* $86.61 for OSPOTA Picnic, a motion was made by Dave Claar (W8TUX) to pay, second by Bill Lampe (KD8WSL), all present approved.
* The Fusion repeater is still in QRP mode. We plan to perform maintenance to the system once we have a new set of duplexors and can bring the power level up.
* We are still planning a maintenance day for the primary site, probably sometime end of October or after, to perform exterior maintenance, including repair to the wood trim and paint.
* KB8ELG found a combination heating and air conditioning unit for $365. He will work on getting it ordered before the snow starts to fall.
* No further news on the amateur station installation at the FCHC. We are waiting for their maintenance department to pull the coax.
* Jim McBrides (K8JPD) rotor controller is now fixed.
* Dave Claar would like to organize an Emergency Services Practice Deployment. The tentative date is Wednesday, October 24th at 8pm. The purpose is to see how many participants we can deploy to cover Fulton County. The Net will begin as normal, and after check-ins, all participants will deploy to a local Fire, EMS, or Police station to test connectivity to the 147.195 repeaters. The report will be on current weather conditions. We would also like to test HT capabilities from those locations, although using cross-banding if your mobile supports it is certainly an option.
Good of Amateur Radio:
* Marilyn Nelson has made arrangements for us to have a meeting room for our use at the First Church of Christ in Delta (at the corner of Providence and 109). The location is ground floor and air-conditioned. The room is plenty large enough to accommodate our group and we will continue to use the room for November's meeting.
* The Christmas dinner will be held at the Barn Restaurant in Archbold again this year, replacing the December 18th meeting. A group reservation has been made, we hope to see you then.
* A workday of October 27 is planned to help Dave Nelson put up a tower on his property. If there is VE testing that day, it will be after testing occurs. Otherwise, it will probably start early in the morning. Please contact Dave directly at ka8kds @ embarqmail.com.
* Ed Roth made a donation of $40 from the sale of donated equipment. A motion was made to accept by Jim McBride, seconded by Dave Claar
* Would like to have a meeting presentation or educational topic for our October meeting. Craig offered to show how to get started in SDR receiving with a low-cost RTL stick device and a laptop.
* KB8ELG talked a bit about his upcoming travels to Europe and would inform us when he would try to hit Northwest Ohio on IRLP.
10/28/2018 Madison Heights
11/17/2018 Ft Wayne
Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
A motion to close was made by Bill Lampe and seconded by Larry Fountain at 8:30pm.
Craig Szczublewski - KD8KBU