The meeting was called to order at 7:35 pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 16 members in attendance, introductions were made and the pledge of allegiance was given by all.
Silent Key: Robert Cook (KX8Q) September 30, 2021
Members in Distress: KE8ITJ reported that KA8KDS continues to improve in health.
Treasurers Report: No changes from last month
Bills to Present: Nothing to present.
Hamfest Committee: The December Hamfest is set for December 4th at Ruihley Park Pavilion in Archbold, OH. Table prices have been set at $15 and will include admission.
Repeater Committee: A maintenance day/health check still needs to be conducted at the backup repeater site to check the health of the 440 gear and the backup Kenwood 2m machine.
- The club participated in the September 25 Masonic Lodges on the Air contest. The club worked 3 masonic lodges and 49 QSOs for a score of 147.
- A discussion was had on a change in venue for the club Christmas Dinner. There was overwhelming support to have the dinner at the Delta 109 Restaurant. KB8ELG will make an inquiry about the availability of the dining area for that evening.
- KG8FM indicated that there will be a future county-wide EMA drill and encouraged the club members to know how to check into any Net activity which may coincide with it.
- KB8ELG noted that the club needs to make an effort to test the FCHC 2m equipment installed several years ago as part of emergency preparedness and having alternate communication channels available.
- KG8FM indicated the County EMA needs a functioning radio to be able to monitor ES nets on the 147.195 repeater. KB8ELG has several donated commercial-grade radios he can repurpose for them.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- There will be two officer changes for 2022. KB8ELH will be stepping down as Treasurer and KD8KBU will be stepping down as Secretary. W8TUX has already offered to take up the role of Treasurer, and KE8OKA has indicated an interest in the Secretary role. KD8KBU will be staying on a webmaster for the club's internet presence.
- KG4NXM donated an IC 2300H radio to the club under the agreement that we find a HAM in need of a VHF rig and get them set up with it. He also brought a radio and several scanners for sale that night.
- KE8OKA indicated that while visiting another club website, she learned of an Amazon program called Smiles which allows a shopper to donate to a nonprofit or charity. She is going to do some additional research to see if such a program would fit the club's nonprofit commercial entity status.
- KB8DIL has offered the use of his property for everything from club meetings (he has a cabin with at least 16 chairs and tables for meetings) to outdoor hamfests and field day. He also indicated he is in need of some assistance in putting up a VHF/UHF antenna for better repeater access. KB8ELG will be organizing a trip to his QTH to assist. Please contact Bryan if you are able to help.
- 11/13/21 Ft Wayne, IN
- 12/4/21 FCARC WinterFest / Archbold OH
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Thu at 8pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
- Sun at 8pm on 2nd and 4th Sunday is the Preparedness Net – 147.195+
- Sun at 8pm on 1st and 3rd Sunday is the DMR Net on Brandmeister 3171544 (K8BXQ)
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-2069395960639…
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9 am the last Saturday of each month at the Masonic Lodge (Fulton No. 248) in Delta, contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his email address on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, November 15 at 7:30 pm at the Delta 109 Restaurant. Dinner is 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
KB8ELG closed the meeting at 8:39 pm after a motion was made by KE8ITJ and seconded by KB8DIL.