Club Meeting On the Air (147.195) roll: kb8elg (p), kd8kbu (s), kb8elh (t), kg8fm, ka8kds, kd4ujy, wb8zoi, ke8qjv, kd8pud, nc8nc, ke8qks, ke8itj, ke8qfj, kb8gom, w8tux, ke8reg, kd8jbs, ke8oka, k8eju
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 19 members and guests in attendance on the 147.195+ k8bxq repeater.
Treasurers Report: no report over the air
Bills to Present: nothing to present
Hamfest Committee: The next FCARC sponsored Hamfest will be the summer trunk swap on June 5, 2021, followed by the Winter Hamfest on December 4, 2021. Both events have been registered with the ARRL.
- KE8ITJ reported that the radio club now has a seat on the County EMA LEPC committee. He will be acting as a liaison for the club to the county. The next meeting will be on May 20 which he will be attending.
- Emergency Services Deployment was conducted on April 14. A noted weak area in the northwest corner of Fulton County was noted. We had participants from three different counties. K8LI: 7, Simplex: 12, HT’s: 9
- KB8ELG noted that all items at K8JPD’s auction were sold and he thanked everyone who attended.
- KD4UJY is new to the area and is interested in becoming a member of the club.
- KD8PUD is back from Florida and was glad to see a few people at the JPD auction on Saturday.
- KB8ELG is considering a move of the 6 meter Wednesday net to a Saturday night due to his work schedule.
- KB8ELG also announced that a 40-foot crank-up tower was donated to the club by the family of K8JPD and is looking for suggestions from the club on what to do with it.
- 6/5/2021: FCARC in Tedrow, OH
- 6/20/2021: Monroe, MI
- 7/10/2021: Auburn, IN
- 7/10/2021: Mansfield, OH
- 7/18/2021: Van Wert
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the Fulton 248 Masonic Lodge in Delta, OH...contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his contact information on the k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, May 17, 2021 at 7:30pm with location to be determined based on COVID conditions in Ohio.
The Net was closed at 8:22pm.