The meeting was called to order at 7:30PM by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 11 members in attendance.
Silent Key/Members in Distress: No Report
Treasurers Report: No Report
Minutes from the previous meeting were electronically distributed last month with no corrections.
* The Fusion repeater is still in QRP mode. We plan to perform maintenance to the system once we have a new set of duplexors and can bring the power level up.
* We are still planning a maintenance day for the primary site, probably sometime mid-September or after, to perform exterior maintenance, including repair to the wood trim and paint. Look for details after the OSPOTA event.
* The main site experienced an issue with the Air Conditioning system, which was fixed by KB8ELG, who was able to fix it. He noted that the fan bearings sounded worn and the unit may need to be replaced, possibly with an all-in-one heating/cooling system. Dave Claar made a motion to purchase a combo unit if under $750, which was seconded by Bill Lampe. All voted in favor. Bryan Patterson will research the best available unit for the size of the structure.
* September 8 was OSPOTA. We contacted 16 parks and had 30 total QSOs.
* September 8 was the rain-date for the Swanton Fireworks. Participation was light, with 2 club members, but the fire chief expressed his thanks for their help.
* The Fulton County Health Center expressed interest in several staff members working towards their technician license for the operation of the backup comm VHF station being installed. We may look at a class at the beginning of the year, or alternatively may direct them to attend the Lucas County (TMRA) class on October 27 and November 10. Bryan will send this information to the hospital EM coordinator.
* The EM service net for the hospitals will be the first Wednesday of every month at 1:00pm. The monthly net needs to be run from that station. We are looking for retired club members to rotate through a schedule participating in the net. Once we have confirmation of the station installation, we will set a schedule.
Good of Amateur Radio:
* Marilyn Nelson has made arrangements for us to use a meeting room at the First Church of Christ in Delta (at the corner of Providence and 109). The location is ground floor and air-conditioned. A motion was made by Jason and seconded by Bill Lampe. All were in favor. Bryan will reach out to Marilyn to finalize arrangements. Details will be available as soon as we have them.
* The Christmas dinner will be held at the Barn Restaurant in Archbold again this year. This will replace the December 18th meeting.
* Jim McBride indicated October 6-7 is the Nationwide SET drill and encouraged us to participate (details at https://sites.google.com/view/blackswan/2018). He also reminded us of SATERN being active due to Hurricane Florance and encouraged club members to monitor 14.265 (info at http://satern.org/).
* The club Wednesday 8pm ES net schedule will be Dave on the 1st Wednesday, Bill on the 2nd, Bryan 3rd, and Jim on the 4th and 5th.
* We would like to have a meeting presentation or educational topic for our October meeting. Craig offered to show how to get started in SDR receiving with a low-cost RTL USB stick device and a laptop.
* KA8KDS is looking for assistance to put up a small amount of American tower. Please contact Dave directly at ka8kds @ embarqmail.com
* Glen Lammon (formerly WXH372) of Wauseon stopped out to the club meeting a few months ago and presented the club with several equipment donations. One was a fully fitted 440 UHF repeater system with the necessary duplexors we are looking for. We still need to schedule a visit to inventory the hardware.
* Jim McBride (K8JPD) indicated he needs help soldering a 8 wire lead for his rotor controller.
10/28/2018 Madison Heights
11/17/2018 Ft Wayne
Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
A motion to close was made by Larry Lampe and seconded by Jason Clingaman at 8:30pm.