The meeting was called to order at 7:30PM by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 14 members and guests in attendance.
Silent Key/Members in Distress: No Report
The Finance Report was read with a motion to approve by Jason Clingaman (KC8PCU) seconded by Bill Lampe (KD8WSL). All present approved.
Minutes from the previous meeting were electronically distributed last month with no corrections.
* The backup repeater is now operational and ready for use. KD8KBU stopped out to the backup site on Sunday, August 19, and was able to reset the power to the backup system and the Yaesu 440 Fusion.
* The Fusion repeater is still in QRP mode. We plan to perform maintenance to the system once we have a new set of duplexers and can bring the power level up.
* We are still planning a maintenance day for the primary site, probably sometime mid-September or after, to perform exterior maintenance, including repair to the wood trim and paint. Look for details after the OSPOTA event.
* September 8 is OSPOTA, we have the Marzolf Shelter House Reserved. We have sent notice to the contest organizers that the club will plan to activate the park with the call K8BXQ. We'll probably heat the grill around 1pm. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
* September 8 is the rain-date Swanton Fireworks. Please bring an HT, safety vest, and flashlight if you have one. Bug repellant would not be a bad idea either. Plan on using 146.460 simplex. We know this is the same day as OSPOTA, but many club members should be able to get over to Swanton by 7:00pm.
Good of Amateur Radio:
* Glen Lammon (formerly WXH372) of Wauseon stopped out to the club meeting and presented the club with several equipment donations. One was a fully fitted 440 UHF repeater system with the necessary duplexers we are looking for. Another was a military HF vertical antenna system for use (look for that at OSPOTA). The club offered our thanks for his generosity.
* KD8KBU pointed out that the ARRL did not have our VE sessions listed in their calendar. KD8WSL will communicate this to KC8UOM so the league can correct this and get us listed again.
* There was some discussion about the new Ohio driver's license options. This was very recently outlined in the ARRL Ohio Section Newsletter. For those who do not get this regularly. The PDF for the newsletter can be found here: http://arrl-ohio.org/news/2018/OSJ-Aug-18.pdf
* We are still looking for a permanent meeting location, thanks to Wauseon Lodge Free & Accepted Masons for allowing us to camp out on a temporary basis.
* Would like to have a meeting presentation or educational topic for our September meeting. Let us know if you have a short talk topic of 10-15 minutes to show and tell.
* KA8KDS is looking for assistance to put up a small amount of American tower. He is also looking for a smaller style tri-band antenna if you know of one for sale. Please contact Dave directly at ka8kds @ embarqmail.com
10/28/2018 Madison Heights
11/17/2018 Ft Wayne
Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
Wed at 9pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
Latest Club Information:
On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-206939596063938/
E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
The club gives testing at 9am the last Saturday of each month at the George's Radio Service in Wauseon, contact Tom Servoss (KC8UOM) if interested, you can find his phone number on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
A motion to close was made by KC8PCU and seconded by WBZOI at 8:20pm.