The meeting was called to order at 7:40pm by Bryan Patterson (KB8ELG) with 12 members in attendance, introductions were made and the pledge of allegiance was given by all.
Members in Distress: It was reported that KA8KDS has returned home where he continues to recuperate.
Treasurers Report: No changes from last month
Bills to Present: KD8KBU presented two bills for OSPOTA related supplies and food, totaling $155.19. A motion was made by KG8FM to pay the bills and seconded by KC8HDG, all were in favor.
Education/VE Committee: KD8ZKE indicated two new techs passed on the 9/19 special testing session.
Hamfest Committee: The December Hamfest is set for December 4th at Ruihley Park Pavilion in Archbold, OH. KE8ITJ will be working with the emergency prep group to see if they want to have any presentations at the event or set up a table with more information.
Repeater Committee: We returned to the discussion on extending repeater operations into DMR space. We are investigating the possibility of using a UHF backhaul to a club member's QTH to provide the needed internet service to accomplish this. We also discussed the need to perform a maintenance check at the backup repeater site. There have been several amateurs trying to reach the 440 service repeater without any luck.
- OSPOTA was reviewed and all club members who attended stated they were very satisfied with the event. The club contacted 39 different parks and conducted 98 total QSOs.
- September 25 will be the CQ More Light “Masonic Lodges on the Air” event being coordinated by several club members. We plan on activating the Masonic Lodge in Delta OH under the club call sign, but other club members, especially masons who belong to other lodges, should try to activate their community, Masonic Lodge. More info at http://cqmorelight.com/
- KE8ITJ showed off his proposed club logo design for t-shirts and other apparel. He will be doing some research on vendors but felt a $14-$15 price range should be expected. We should have firm numbers for the next meeting, and we hope to be able to place an order before the end of the year.
Good of Amateur Radio:
- WD8KRS indicated he has been in contact with N8EUY and KC8UJC who are both well out in Arizona.
- KD8PUD inquired about providing newly passed technicians at the VE sessions with complimentary one-year memberships to the club. The club had approved this a few years ago, but we never made any official document. He offered to draft something up which could be printing and handed out with a little bit of information on the club.
- 10/18/21 Kalamazoo, MI
- 11/13/21 Ft Wayne, IN
- 12/4/21 FCARC WinterFest / Archbold OH
- Weeknights at 10:30pm Bud's Midnight Madness Net -- 147.195+
- Wed at 8pm FCARC ES Net -- 147.195+
- Thu at 8pm 6M Net -- 1st Wed 50.400 AM, 3rd Wed 50.125 USB, all others 52.525 FM Simplex
- Sun at 8pm on 2nd and 4th Sunday is the Preparedness Net – 147.195+
- Sun at 8pm on 1st and 3rd Sunday is the DMR Net on Brandmeister 3171544 (K8BXQ)
Latest Club Information:
- On the web: http://www.k8bxq.org/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-County-Amateur-Radio-Club-2069395960639…
- E-Mail list: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/fcarc
VE Testing: The club gives testing at 9 am the last Saturday of each month at the Masonic Lodge (Fulton No. 248) in Delta, contact John Myers (KD8ZKE) if interested, you can find his email address on the www.k8bxq.org website under the VE Testing section.
Saturday morning breakfast at the Delta 109 at 9:00 AM, in downtown Delta, OH.
The next regular club meeting will be Monday, October 18 at 7:30 pm at the Delta 109 Restaurant. Dinner is 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
KB8ELG closed the meeting at 8:29 pm.